I am a PhD student in Emerging Digital Technologies at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa (Italy), at the Institute of Communication, Information, and Perception (TeCiP) since November 2012. I am working with Professor Marco Di Natale on synthesis and cosimulation of Simulink models.
Since September 2014, I am at UC Berkeley where I am continuing my PhD, working with Professor Edward A. Lee. I am currently particularly interested in the simulation of Cyber Physical Systems with focus on cosimulation using Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI).
Fabio Cremona, Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy - Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (TeCiP Institute, ReTiS Laboratory)
My research interests are the simulation and syntesis of Real Time Embedded Systems.
• Fabio Cremona, Marten Lohstroh, David Broman, Marco Di Natale, Edward A Lee, Stavros Tripakis “Step Revision in Hybrid Co-simulation with FMI”, 14th ACM-IEEE International Conference on Formal Methods and Models for System Design 2016 [pdf]
• Fabio Cremona, Marten Lohstroh, Stavros Tripakis, Christopher Brooks, Edward A Lee “FIDE -- An FMI Integrated Development Environment”, 31th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing 2016 [pdf]
• Marco Di Natale, Matteo Morelli, Fabio Cremona, “Matching execution architecture models with functional models to analyze the time performance of CPS systems”, International Conference on Complex Systems Engineering (ICCSE) 2015 [pdf]
• Fabio Cremona, Matteo Morelli, Marco Di Natale, “TRES: A Modular Representation of Schedulers, Tasks, and Messages to Control Simulations in Simulink”, 30th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing 2015 [pdf]
• Peng Deng, Qi Zhu, Fabio Cremona, Marco Di Natale, Haibo Zeng, “A Model-based Synthesis Flow for Automotive CPS”, ACM/IEEE 6th International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS) 2015 [pdf]
• Matteo Morelli, Fabio Cremona, Marco Di Natale, “A System-level Framework for the Evaluation of the Performance Cost of Scheduling and Communication Delays in Control Systems”, 5th International Workshop on Analysis Tools and Methodologies for Embedded and Real-time Systems [pdf]
• Marco Marazza, Fabio Cremona, DC Spurio, Christian Nastasi, C Demuth, Alberto Ferrari, “Towards a Programming and Analysis Framework for Timer Units”, 7th Junior Researcher Workshop on Real-Time Computing JRWRTC 2013 [pdf]
• Marco Donato, Fabio Cremona, Warren Jin, Iris Ruth Bahar, William Patterson, Alexander Zaslavsky, Joseph Mundy, "A Noise-immune Sub-threshold Circuit Design based on Selective Use of Schmitt-trigger Logic", GLSVLSI (ACM) 2012 [pdf]
• Fabio Cremona, Marten Lohstroh, Stavros Tripakis, Edward A. Lee, Christopher Brooks, "FIDE – An FMI Integrated Design Environment" , 11th Biennial Ptolemy Miniconference [pdf]
• Christopher Brooks, Fabio Cremona, Edward A. Lee, David Lorenzetti, Thierry S. Nouidui, Michael Wetter, "CyPhySim, A Cyber-Physical System Simulator" , Demo session at 18th International Conference on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control (HSCC 2015) [pdf]
• Marco Di Natale, Matteo Morelli, Fabio Cremona, “T-Res – Time and Resource (aware) Simulation in Simulink”, MathWorks Faculty Summit 2014 [pdf]
• PtolemyII, heterogeneous modeling and designI am active contributor of the CyPhySim project:
• CyPhySim, A Cyber-Physical Systems SimulatorI am the maintainer for:
• Metasim, a C++ library for discrete events simulation
• RTLib, a C++ library for scheduling simulationsDuring my PhD activity, I designed and developed:
• T-Res, a framework for adding the model of schedulers, tasks and messages to Simulink models and to verify by simulation the impact of scheduling and execution times delays on the performance of the controls