This course is part of the
Master of Science in Embedded Computing Systems
jointly offered by the University of Pisa and the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna
To receive Email notifications about any change on course lectures and exams please
register to this web page.
- Task modeling
- Job scheduling
- Periodic scheduling
- Resource sharing
- Limited preemptive scheduling
- Aperiodic servers
- Resource reservation
- Overload handling
- Intertask communication
- Programming style rules
- Pthread library
- Allegro library
- Guidelines for designing real-time applications
- Examples of real-time applications
- Simulating sensors and actuators
The exam consists of a project followed by a written test.
- The project consists of developing a real-time multi-thread application
in C language on the Linux operating system.
It must be fully completed and delivered before the written test.
The project rules are specified below.
- The written test consists of a set of exercises and questions that
cover the topics of the course.
Some sample exercises with the corresponding solutions are given below.
- Giorgio Buttazzo: "HARD REAL-TIME COMPUTING SYSTEMS: Predictable
Scheduling Algorithms and Applications",
Third Edition, Springer, 2011.
- Giorgio Buttazzo: Sistemi in Tempo Reale, Terza Edizione
Pitagora Editrice, Bologna, 2006.