Participants are asked to register by sending an e-mail to professor Giuseppe Lipari (g.lipari at sssup.it).
TeacherFabrizio Petrini (home page).
Cell Solutions Department
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
e-mail: fpetrin at us.ibm.com
The course consists of a first part where the basis of parallel programming will be introduced by Dr. Petrini. The first part will be 9 hours of classroom lectures on April 20, 21, 22, from 15.00 to 18.00. Lectures will be held at CEIIC.
The second part will consist of a small project. The second part will be followed by Prof. Giuseppe Lipari
The exames are scheduled on the following days in my office:
- December 1 2009, 15.00 pm
- December 18 2009, 15.00 pm
- January 22, 2010, 15.00 pm
- Cell architecture (ppt)
- Hands on SIMD (ppt)
- The Hello World program (ppt)
- DMA (ppt)
- Development tools and timing analysis (ppt)
- Cell programming tips and techniques (ppt)