I'm an Assistant Professor at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Pisa (Italy).
In March 2017 I received the PhD in Emerging Digital Technologies (curriculum Embedded Systems) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, where I worked at the ReTiS Lab under the supervision of Prof. Giorgio Buttazzo.
Previously, I graduated cum Laude in 2013 in Computer Engineering at University of Pisa, within the excellence program.
I'm Associate Editor of Springer Real-Time Systems - The International Journal of Time-Critical Computing Systems.
In 2018, my PhD dissertation was honored with the EDAA Outstanding Dissertation Award in the area "New directions in software design and optimization for embedded, cyber-physical and secure systems".
I'm Co-founder and Technical Manager at Wriggle Solutions S.R.L.S.
My research is focused on Real-Time Embedded Systems.
In particular I'm working on:
- Real-time operating systems: design and implementation;
- Cyber-security and virtualization for embedded systems;
- Real-time schedulability analysis;
- Cyber-Physical Systems;
- Synchronization protocols.
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (TeCiP Institute, ReTiS Laboratory)
Tel. +39 050 882 017
alessandro DOT biondi AT sssup DOT it
- 39th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, Nashville, Usa, December 11-14, 2018. I authored four contributions to the conference (three regular papers and a Journals-never-presented presentation).
- I've been involved in the Program Committee of the following conferences and workshops: EMSOFT 2019, DAC 2019, ECRTS 2019, RTAS 2019, ETFA 2019 and 2018, RTSS 2018, EMSOFT 2018, ICESS 2018, ICARSC 2018, ARC 2018, WATERS 2018 and 2017, RTSOPS 2018, DETECT 2018, JWRTC 2017 and 2015, RTNS 2018 and ECRTS 2016 (Artifact evaluation)
- Reviewer for international journals: Real-Time Systems Journal, IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, IEEE Access, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, Design Automation for Embedded Systems, Leibniz Transactions on Embedded Systems, Journal of Systems Architecture.