I'm an Assistant Professor at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Pisa (Italy).
In March 2017 I received the PhD in Emerging Digital Technologies (curriculum Embedded Systems) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, where I worked at the ReTiS Lab under the supervision of Prof. Giorgio Buttazzo.
Previously, I graduated cum Laude in 2013 in Computer Engineering at University of Pisa, within the excellence program.
I'm Associate Editor of Springer Real-Time Systems - The International Journal of Time-Critical Computing Systems.
In 2018, my PhD dissertation was honored with the EDAA Outstanding Dissertation Award in the area "New directions in software design and optimization for embedded, cyber-physical and secure systems".
I'm Co-founder and Technical Manager at Wriggle Solutions S.R.L.S.
My research is focused on Real-Time Embedded Systems.
In particular I'm working on:
- Real-time operating systems: design and implementation;
- Cyber-security and virtualization for embedded systems;
- Real-time schedulability analysis;
- Cyber-Physical Systems;
- Synchronization protocols.
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (TeCiP Institute, ReTiS Laboratory)
Tel. +39 050 882 017
alessandro DOT biondi AT sssup DOT it
- I'll deliver a keynote speech at the 1st International Workshop on Real Time compliant Multi-Agent Systems (RTcMAS 2018), July 15th, Stockholm, Sweden