I'm a tenure-track Assistant Professor (RTDb) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Pisa (Italy), where I'm part of the Real-Time Systems Laboratory (ReTiS Lab) and the Department of Excellence in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
In March 2017 I received the PhD in Emerging Digital Technologies (curriculum Embedded Systems) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, where I worked at the ReTiS Lab under the supervision of Prof. Giorgio Buttazzo.
Previously, I graduated cum Laude in 2013 in Computer Engineering at University of Pisa, within the excellence program.
I'm Associate Editor of Springer Real-Time Systems - The International Journal of Time-Critical Computing Systems, and a member of the Technical Committee on Factory Automation of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
In 2018, my PhD dissertation was honored with the EDAA Outstanding Dissertation Award in the area "New directions in software design and optimization for embedded, cyber-physical and secure systems".
In 2019, I received the ACM SIGBED Early Career Award.
My research is focused on Real-Time Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems. In particular I'm working on:
- Real-time operating systems: design and implementation;
- Cyber-security and virtualization for embedded systems;
- Real-time schedulability analysis;
- Safe and secure machine learning for CPS;
- Synchronization protocols.
- Publicity Co-Chair of 2022 CPS-IoT Week.
- Deptuty TPC Chair of RTAS'21.
- I've been involved in the Program Committee of the following conferences and workshops: RTSS (2020, 2019, 2018), RTAS (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019), EMSOFT (2020, 2019, 2018), DAC (2021, 2020, 2019), ECRTS (2019), ICCPS 2020, RTCSA (2021, 2020), ETFA (2021, 2020, 2019, 2018), ICESS 2018, ICARSC 2018, ARC 2018, WATERS (2018, 2017), RTSOPS 2018, DETECT 2019 and 2018, JWRTC 2017 and 2015, RTNS 2018 and ECRTS 2016 (Artifact evaluation).
- Reviewer for international journals: Real-Time Systems Journal, IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, IEEE Access, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, Design Automation for Embedded Systems, Leibniz Transactions on Embedded Systems, Journal of Systems Architecture.