I'm a tenure-track Assistant Professor (RTDb) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Pisa (Italy), where I'm part of the Real-Time Systems Laboratory (ReTiS Lab) and the Department of Excellence in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
In March 2017 I received the PhD in Emerging Digital Technologies (curriculum Embedded Systems) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, where I worked at the ReTiS Lab under the supervision of Prof. Giorgio Buttazzo.
Previously, I graduated cum Laude in 2013 in Computer Engineering at University of Pisa, within the excellence program.
I'm Associate Editor of Springer Real-Time Systems - The International Journal of Time-Critical Computing Systems, and a member of the Technical Committee on Factory Automation of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
In 2018, my PhD dissertation was honored with the EDAA Outstanding Dissertation Award in the area "New directions in software design and optimization for embedded, cyber-physical and secure systems".
In 2019, I received the ACM SIGBED Early Career Award.
I'm Co-founder and Technical Manager at Wriggle Solutions S.R.L.S.
My research is focused on Real-Time Embedded Systems.
In particular I'm working on:
- Real-time operating systems: design and implementation;
- Cyber-security and virtualization for embedded systems;
- Real-time schedulability analysis;
- Cyber-Physical Systems;
- Synchronization protocols.
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (TeCiP Institute, ReTiS Laboratory)
Tel. +39 050 882 017
alessandro DOT biondi AT sssup DOT it
- Our paper "Modeling and Analysis of Engine Control Tasks Under Dynamic Priority Scheduling" published in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics received the Best Journal Paper Award. The award will be presented at ETFA'19 in Zaragoza, Spain.
- Embedded Systems Week, New York, USA, Oct. 13-18, 2019. I will deliver a talk in the special session "Analyses and Architectures for Mixed-Critical Systems: Industry Trends and Research Perspective".
- I've been involved in the Program Committee of the following conferences and workshops: DAC 2020, RTAS 2020, ICCPS 2020, RTSS 2019, EMSOFT 2019, DAC 2019, ECRTS 2019, RTAS 2019, RTSS 2018, EMSOFT 2018, ETFA 2019 and 2018, ICESS 2018, ICARSC 2018, ARC 2018, WATERS 2018 and 2017, RTSOPS 2018, DETECT 2019 and 2018, JWRTC 2017 and 2015, RTNS 2018 and ECRTS 2016 (Artifact evaluation)
- Reviewer for international journals: Real-Time Systems Journal, IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, IEEE Access, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, Design Automation for Embedded Systems, Leibniz Transactions on Embedded Systems, Journal of Systems Architecture.