My favorite style is Be Bop, but I also like Latin Jazz and Fusion. I play guitar since I was 8.
I started playing songs from Pink Floyd and Santana (Carlos Santana was my first idol).
Then, when I was 15, I received as a gift a record of Wes Montgomery. It was a big change!
I immediately loved his sound and I wanted to play like him. So I started to learn his solos
from records, note by note, chord by chord. I had no idea about what I was playing, but
it was fun.
Then, when I started playing more seriously in some jazz groups, I realized that I had to learn
harmony in order to improvise and create my own phrases. So I took lessons and I studied hard
for a couple of years. During this period, I listened to many records and various musicians that,
directly or indirectly, have influenced my style. Among the guitar players, I was inspired by Wes
Montgomery, Pat Martino, Joe Pass, Barney Kessel, George Benson, Franco Cerri, and many others.
But I also took ideas from other musicians, such as Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Dizzy Gillespie,
Lee Morgan, Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, just to mention some of them. More recently,
I found jazz-fusion music very attractive, especially from musicians such as Lee Ritenour,
Bireli Lagrene, and Mike Stern.
Groups I played with:
Here is a list of 30 movies that left a deep sign into my brain.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey [Stanley Kubrick, 1968]
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind [Steven Spielberg, 1977]
- The Thing (La Cosa) [John Carpenter, 1982]
- The Fly (La Mosca) [David Cronenberg, 1986]
- Aliens [James Cameron, 1986]
- Robocop [Paul Verhoeven, 1987]
- Predator [John McTiernan, 1987]
- Total Recall [Paul Verhoeven, 1990]
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day [James Cameron, 1991]
- Contact [Robert Zemeckis, 1997]
- Matrix [Lana & Lilly Wachowski, 1999]
- The Thirteenth Floor [Josef Rusnak, 1999]
- Avatar [James Cameron, 2009]
- Automata [Gabe Ibáñez, 2014]
- Ex Machina [Alex Garland, 2014]
Non Science Fiction
- The Graduate [Mike Nichols, 1967]
- One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest [Milos Forman, 1975]
- Marathon Man [John Schlesinger, 1976]
- The Even Can Wait [Warren Beatty & Buck Henry, 1978]
- The Shining [Milos Forman, 1980]
- Scarface [Brian De Palma, 1983]
- Nikita [Luc Besson, 1990]
- Scent of Woman [Martin Brest, 1992]
- Leon [Luc Besson, 1994]
- The Fugitive [Andrew Davis, 1993]
- As Good As It Gets [James L. Brooks, 1997]
- La leggenda del pianista sull'oceano [Giuseppe Tornatore, 1998]
- The Big Kahuna [John Swanbeck, 2000]
- Space Cowboys [Clint Eastwood, 2000]
- Il lato positivo [David O. Russell, 2012]