I'm a Post-Doc Researcher at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Pisa (Italy).
In July 2020 I received (with honors) the PhD in Emerging Digital Technologies (curriculum Embedded Systems) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, where I worked at the ReTiS Lab under the supervision of Prof. Giorgio Buttazzo and Prof. Alessandro Biondi.
In July 2016 I graduated cum laude in the Master of Science in Embedded Computing Systems, jointly offered by University of Pisa and Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.
In September 2013 I achieved the Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering at the University of Pisa with the score of 110/110.
- 17-Jan-2021: The paper "Latency Analysis of I/O Virtualization Techniques in Hypervisor-Based Real-Time Systems" (Authors: Daniel Casini, Alessandro Biondi, Giorgiomaria Cicero, and Giorgio Buttazzo) has been accepted for publication in RTAS 2021 .
- 14-Jan-2021: I will serve in the TPC of RTSS 2021.
- 23-Dec-2020: I will serve in the TPC of ECRTS 2021.
- 10-Nov-2020: The paper "Task Splitting and Load Balancing of Dynamic Real-Time Workloads for Semi-Partitioned EDF" (Authors: Daniel Casini, Alessandro Biondi, and Giorgio Buttazzo) has been accepted at IEEE Transactions on Computers.
- 09-Oct-2020: I will serve in the TPC of ISORC 2021.
- 02-Jul-2020: I received the PhD degree in Emerging Digital Technologies, curriculum Embedded Systems, with honors.
- 42st IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS 2021), December 8-10, 2021. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- 33th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS 2021), Virtual Event, July 5-9, 2021. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- 24th International Symposium on Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC 2021), Daegu, South Korea, June 1-3, 2021. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- Member of the Technical Program Committee of:
- Reviewer for international journals: Springer Real-Time Systems Journal, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS), ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS), IEEE Transaction on Emerging Topics in Computing, Journal of Systems and Software, Journal of Systems Architecture, IEEE Embedded Systems Letters
- Secondary Reviewer for international conferences: RTSS 2020, EMSOFT 2020, RTCSA 2020, DAC 2020, RTAS 2020, RTSS 2019, EMSOFT 2019, ECRTS 2019, DAC 2019, Eurosys 2019, RTAS 2019, RTSS 2018, RTSOPS 2018, EMSOFT 2018, RTAS 2017
- Secondary Reviewer for international journals: IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, SN Computer Science, SN Applied Science
- Real-time operating systems
- Real-time schedulability analysis
- Synchronization protocols
- Component-based Software Design
- Predictability in AI-based Applications
Upcoming or recent events
My research is focused on Real-Time Embedded Systems.
In particular I'm working on:
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (TeCiP Institute, ReTiS Laboratory)
Tel. +39 050 88 2078