I'm an Assistant Professor at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Pisa (Italy), where I'm part of the Real-Time Systems Laboratory (ReTiS Lab) and the Department of Excellence in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
In July 2020 I received (with honors) the PhD in Emerging Digital Technologies (curriculum Embedded Systems) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, where I worked at the ReTiS Lab under the supervision of Prof. Giorgio Buttazzo and Prof. Alessandro Biondi.
In July 2016 I graduated cum laude in the Master of Science in Embedded Computing Systems, jointly offered by University of Pisa and Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.
In September 2013 I achieved the Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering at the University of Pisa with the score of 110/110.
- Aug-2022: I will serve in the TPC of RTAS 2023.
- Aug-2022: I will serve in the TPC of MOST 2023.
- April-2022: I will serve in the TPC of RTSS 2022.
- The paper "A Theoretical Approach to Determine the Optimal Size of a Thread Pool for Real-Time Systems"" (Author: Daniel Casini) has been accepted for publication in RTSS 2022.
- The paper "An I/O Virtualization Framework with I/O-Related Memory Contention Control for Real-Time Systems" (Authors: Niccolò Borgioli, Matteo Zini, Daniel Casini, Giorgiomaria Cicero, and Alessandro Biondi) has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD), and it will be presented at the International Conference on Embedded Software (EMSOFT 2022), Shanghai, China, October 10 - 12, 2022.
- The paper "Analyzing ARM's MPAM From the Perspective of Time Predictability" (Authors: Matteo Zini, Daniel Casini, and Alessandro Biondi) has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Computers.
- The paper "Optimizing Inter-Core Communications under the LET Paradigm using DMA Engines" (Authors: Paolo Pazzaglia, Daniel Casini, Alessandro Biondi, and Marco Di Natale) has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Computers.
- The paper "Operating System Noise in the Linux Kernel" (Authors: Daniel Bristot de Oliveira Daniel Casini, and Tommaso Cucinotta) has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Computers.
- The paper "End-to-End Analysis of Event Chains under the QNX Adaptive Partitioning Scheduler" (Authors: Dakshina Dasari, Matthias Becker, Daniel Casini, and Tobias Blaß) has been accepted for publication in RTAS 2022 .
Upcoming or recent events
- 1st Real-time And intelliGent Edge computing workshop, San Francisco, USA, July 10, 2022. I chair the workshop.
- 43rd IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS 2022), December 5-8, 2022. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- 34th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS 2022), Modena, Italy, July 5-8, 2022. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- 28th Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS 2022), Milano, Italy, May 4-6, 2022. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- 25th International Symposium on Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC 2022), Västerås, Sweden, May 17-19, 2022. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- Session Chair at RTAS 2022, "Session 5: Timing Analysis I", Thursday, May 5, 2022.
- Session Chair at RTSS 2021, "Session 3.11: DNNs, Energy- and Thermal-Aware Design", Thursday, December 9th, 2021.
- Session Chair at ECRTS 2021, "Session 3: Processor and Network Scheduling", Wednesday, July 7, 2021.
- Associate Editor and Member of the Editorial Board for international journals: Elsevier Microprocessors and Microsystems
- Member of the Technical Program Committee of:
- Conferences: RTSS 2022, DSD 2022, ECRTS 2022, RTAS 2022, ISORC 2022, RTSS 2021, ECRTS 2021, ISORC 2021, ISORC 2020
- Workshops and other events: RTAS 2022 (Brief Presentations), JRWRTC 2021, JRWRTC 2020, RTAS 2020 (Brief Presentations), RTAS 2019 (Brief Presentations), JRWRTC 2018
- Artifact Evaluations: ECRTS 2020, ECRTS 2019, RTAS 2019
- Reviewer for international journals: Springer Real-Time Systems Journal, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS), ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS), IEEE Transaction on Emerging Topics in Computing, Journal of Systems and Software, Journal of Systems Architecture, IEEE Embedded Systems Letters, Springer Journal Of Supercomputing
- Secondary Reviewer for international conferences: DAC 2021, RTAS 2021, RTSS 2020, EMSOFT 2020, RTCSA 2020, DAC 2020, RTAS 2020, RTSS 2019, EMSOFT 2019, ECRTS 2019, DAC 2019, Eurosys 2019, RTAS 2019, RTSS 2018, RTSOPS 2018, EMSOFT 2018, RTAS 2017
- Secondary Reviewer for international journals: IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, SN Computer Science, SN Applied Science
My research is focused on Real-Time Embedded Systems.
In particular I'm working on:
- Real-time operating systems
- Real-time schedulability analysis
- Synchronization protocols
- Component-based Software Design
- Predictability in AI-based Applications
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (TeCiP Institute, ReTiS Laboratory)
Tel. +39 050 88 2078