I'm a Post-Doc Researcher at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Pisa (Italy).
In July 2020 I received (with honors) the PhD in Emerging Digital Technologies (curriculum Embedded Systems) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, where I worked at the ReTiS Lab under the supervision of Prof. Giorgio Buttazzo and Prof. Alessandro Biondi.
In July 2016 I graduated cum laude in the Master of Science in Embedded Computing Systems, jointly offered by University of Pisa and Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.
In September 2013 I achieved the Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering at the University of Pisa with the score of 110/110.
- 24-Feb-2021: The paper "Optimal Memory Allocation and Scheduling for DMA Data Transfers under the LET Paradigm" (Authors: Paolo Pazzaglia, Daniel Casini, Alessandro Biondi, and Marco Di Natale) has been accepted for publication in DAC 2021.
- 17-Jan-2021: The paper "Latency Analysis of I/O Virtualization Techniques in Hypervisor-Based Real-Time Systems" (Authors: Daniel Casini, Alessandro Biondi, Giorgiomaria Cicero, and Giorgio Buttazzo) has been accepted for publication in RTAS 2021 .
- 14-Jan-2021: I will serve in the TPC of RTSS 2021.
- 23-Dec-2020: I will serve in the TPC of ECRTS 2021.
- 10-Nov-2020: The paper "Task Splitting and Load Balancing of Dynamic Real-Time Workloads for Semi-Partitioned EDF" (Authors: Daniel Casini, Alessandro Biondi, and Giorgio Buttazzo) has been accepted at IEEE Transactions on Computers.
- 09-Oct-2020: I will serve in the TPC of ISORC 2021.
- 02-Jul-2020: I received the PhD degree in Emerging Digital Technologies, curriculum Embedded Systems, with honors.
- 42st IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS 2021), December 8-10, 2021. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- 33th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS 2021), Virtual Event, July 5-9, 2021. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- 24th International Symposium on Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC 2021), Daegu, South Korea, June 1-3, 2021. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- Member of the Technical Program Committee of:
- Reviewer for international journals: Springer Real-Time Systems Journal, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS), ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS), IEEE Transaction on Emerging Topics in Computing, Journal of Systems and Software, Journal of Systems Architecture, IEEE Embedded Systems Letters, Springer Journal Of Supercomputing
- Secondary Reviewer for international conferences: DAC 2021, RTAS 2021, RTSS 2020, EMSOFT 2020, RTCSA 2020, DAC 2020, RTAS 2020, RTSS 2019, EMSOFT 2019, ECRTS 2019, DAC 2019, Eurosys 2019, RTAS 2019, RTSS 2018, RTSOPS 2018, EMSOFT 2018, RTAS 2017
- Secondary Reviewer for international journals: IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, SN Computer Science, SN Applied Science
- Real-time operating systems
- Real-time schedulability analysis
- Synchronization protocols
- Component-based Software Design
- Predictability in AI-based Applications
Upcoming or recent events
My research is focused on Real-Time Embedded Systems.
In particular I'm working on:
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (TeCiP Institute, ReTiS Laboratory)
Tel. +39 050 88 2078