I'm an Assistant Professor at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Pisa (Italy), where I'm part of the Real-Time Systems Laboratory (ReTiS Lab) and the Department of Excellence in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
In July 2020 I received (with honors) the PhD in Emerging Digital Technologies (curriculum Embedded Systems) at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, where I worked at the ReTiS Lab under the supervision of Prof. Giorgio Buttazzo and Prof. Alessandro Biondi.
In July 2016 I graduated cum laude in the Master of Science in Embedded Computing Systems, jointly offered by University of Pisa and Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.
In September 2013 I achieved the Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering at the University of Pisa with the score of 110/110.
- Mar-2023: I will serve in the TPC of RTAS 2024..
- Apr-2023: The paper "Bounding the Data-Delivery Latency of DDS Messages in Real-Time Applications" (Authors: Gerlando Sciangula, Daniel Casini, Alessandro Biondi, Claudio Scordino, and Marco Di Natale) has been accepted for publication in ECRTS 2023.
- Jan-203: The paper "On the QNX IPC: Assessing Predictability for Local and Distributed Real-Time Systems" (Authors: Matthias Becker, Dakshina Dasari, and Daniel Casini) has been accepted for publication in RTAS 2023.
- Mar-2023: I will serve in the TPC of RTSS 2023..
- Dec-2022: I will serve in the TPC of EMSOFT 2023.
- Dec-2022: I will serve in the TPC of ISORC 2023.
- Nov-2022: I will serve in the TPC of ECRTS 2023.
Upcoming or recent events
- 30th Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS 2024), May 13-16, 2024, Hong Kong. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- 22th ACM SIGBED International Conference on Embedded Software (EMSOFT 2023) , Hamburg, Germany, September 17-22, 2023. I will serve in the Program Committee.
- 35th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS 2023), Vienna, Austria, July 11-14, 2023 I will serve in the Program Committee.
- Track Chair at DSD 2023, "Track HSTIEC: Hardware, Software, and Tools for the IoT-to-Edge-to-Cloud Continuum"
- Session Chair at RTAS 2023, "Session 6: Safety and Security", Friday, May 12th, 2023.
- Session Chair at RTSS 2022, "Session 8: Uniprocessor Scheduling", Wednesday, December 7th, 2022.
- Session Chair at DSD 2022, "Session 15A: HW Architectures", Friday, September 2nd, 2022.
- Session Chair at RTAS 2022, "Session 5: Timing Analysis I", Thursday, May 5, 2022.
- Session Chair at RTSS 2021, "Session 3.11: DNNs, Energy- and Thermal-Aware Design", Thursday, December 9th, 2021.
- Session Chair at ECRTS 2021, "Session 3: Processor and Network Scheduling", Wednesday, July 7, 2021.
- Associate Editor and Member of the Editorial Board for international journals: Elsevier Microprocessors and Microsystems
- Guest Editor for the Special Issue on "Real-Time Computing in the IoT-to-Edge-to-Cloud Continuum" of "ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS)"
- Guest Editor for the Special Issue on "Predictable Machine Learning" of "Springer Real-Time Systems"
- Member of the Technical Program Committee of:
- Conferences: RTAS 2024, SAC 2024, MOST 2024, RTSS 2023, EMSOFT 2023, DSD 2023, ECRTS 2023, RTAS 2023, MOST 2023, ISORC 2023, RTSS 2022, DSD 2022, ECRTS 2022, RTAS 2022, ISORC 2022, RTSS 2021, ECRTS 2021, ISORC 2021, ISORC 2020
- Workshops and other events: WMC 2023, RTSS 2023 (Brief Presentations) OSPERT 2023, RTAS 2023 (Brief Presentations), JWRTC 2023, SSH-SoC 2023, AxC 2023, WMC 2022, RTAS 2022 (Brief Presentations), JRWRTC 2021, JRWRTC 2020, RTAS 2020 (Brief Presentations), RTAS 2019 (Brief Presentations), JRWRTC 2018
- Artifact Evaluations: RTSS 2023, RTSS 2022, ECRTS 2020, ECRTS 2019, RTAS 2019
- Reviewer for international journals: IEEE Transactions on Computers, Springer Real-Time Systems Journal, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS), ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS), IEEE Transaction on Emerging Topics in Computing, Journal of Systems and Software, Journal of Systems Architecture, IEEE Embedded Systems Letters, Springer Journal Of Supercomputing, and others.
My research is focused on Real-Time Embedded Systems.
In particular I'm working on:
- Real-time operating systems
- Real-time schedulability analysis
- Synchronization protocols
- Component-based Software Design
- Predictability in AI-based Applications
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (TeCiP Institute, ReTiS Laboratory)
Tel. +39 050 88 2078